Is it time for your yearly school science project? When your students face the prospect of a school science fair, it’s usually up to parents to find the right topic. Many science projects are either too difficult for the average kid, or too simple to get a good grade. With four sons, we’ve had to do a school science project many times, and a couple of years ago, we decided that we would make our best science projects available to other families. We created packages of school science projects for kids that will help you get top marks from science fair judges, and your science teacher.
The projects in our guides have step by step instructions that are easy to follow. The supplies can be found almost anywhere – you have a lot of them in your home right now. The experiments are fun to do, and lots of them can be finished in 24 hours or less. Best of all, they are available online for immediate download, so you can get started right now!
Here’s the list of our projects:
• EGG-XPERIMENTING! Remove an eggshell without boiling, and find out if water will go through the cell membrane.
• DON’T LOSE YOUR COOL Which kind of insulation works best?
• VITAMIN “C”ITRUS Which fruit or juice has the most Vitamin C? This easy chemistry project will amaze your kids – and their teacher.
• UNDERCOVER SNEEZE When you cover your mouth, does it really help keep you from getting sick? This easy science project is great for an elementary school science fair.
• A SLICE OF ICE How does the shape of a piece of ice affect the time it takes to melt time? This cool science project will give you the answer!
• A FLAKY SHOWDOWN Which brand of cereal stays crunchy in milk? A science experiment you can eat!
• SLIP SLIDING? NO WAY! This project is great for car lovers! Find out which sort of floor covering prevents slips the best.
• HEAR, HEAR Are two ears better than one? Wonderful for a group experiment.
• A STRAIGHT FLUSH Which toilet tissue is most biodegradable?
• A PINCH OF SALT How does salt affect the boiling point of water?