You need to start thinking early about a great science project for kids…
But if you don’t there are quick and easy science fair projects for kids that are just as good
Science fair season gets into full swing in January and goes through spring. Some schools even wait until the end of the year for their science fairs, while others do in the fall, but in general looking for a great science fair project for kids to do begins after the Holidays. It would not be wasting your time to start thinking about it beforehand. Parents can use science fair projects at home in lots of ways, not just for science fair
Start looking early
- Get the project dates and topics when you go to parent conferences in the fall. That will help save some time and energy.
- You don’t have to make a finals decision early, just start looking so when the time comes you have done the ground work and weeded out bad ones and have a stash to choose from.
- By looking for a great science project for kids early, you can be sure to have the supplies on hand. Sometimes there might be a special ingredient to order ahead of time.
- For large projects, it give you time to clear some space so when the time comes you don’t have to deal with finding space to do it. Or at least plan ahead for the time it will take to make space in the garage or basement.
Read through the entire project before choosing
- You need to know how long it will take before you start.
- You need to see if there are any hard to find materials to start searching for
- You need to double check and make sure the proper steps to science experiments are followed
- You need to be sure it is the right age level for your child.
- You also need to make sure it is the right type of project, a common mistake. Is is a demonstration, an experiment or a collection?
Reality does kick in and lots of time you find yourself kicking yourself for not starting early. If it is the last minute you can still find a great science project for kids, they just need to be quick and easy science fair projects
- In addition to reading the directions for time and odd materials, check to see if they use common everyday things you already have at home.
- Instant download comes in handy with any last minute science projects for kids, and pre-loaded spreadsheets
- Even simple science fair projects can follow the scientific method and study cool science stuff.
- Directions that are written in kid language help when you are working in a time crunch!
We have had quite a bit success with our 24 Hour Science Projects that are kid tested and teacher approved. All of our home science projects for kids to use were written for real kids who used them at school and even won awards. We like they because they not only have the pre-formatted spreadsheets and can be downloaded in an instant, but they also include research links and use the scientific method. Nice and quick and easy science fair projects!